Skip to main content

I am an executor of an estate. I filed with the Court a Rejection to a Creditor's Claim. I now wish to pay the claim.

Anaheim, CA |

The Creditor asks that I first formally "withdraw" the Rejection by filing something with the Court while we negotiate the amount due. I can't seem to find a form for this. Is there a form? Or, do I simply file a new "Acceptance" of the Creditor's Claim once we agree on something.
Thank you!

Attorney Answers 3


You can file a withdrawal of rejection on pleading paper or wait and file an acceptance form once you come to an agreement.

Mark as helpful

5 lawyers agree


Suggest thatyou and the creditor "stipulate" to the claim's rejection and that you will file an acceptance once the matter is resolved.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


If you have reached an agreement with the creditor, you can prepare a pleading that states the estate is withdrawing the rejection and then file an acceptance of the claim either in full or in part as you may have agreed. Also do a separate writing with the creditor to outline the terms of the agreement to ensure that there are no further issues with this particular claim.

As we must state: any information provided in this answer is not legal advice and your use of it does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Wills and estates topics

Recommended articles about Wills and estates

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics