I am an executor of an estate. I filed with the Court a Rejection to a Creditor's Claim. I now wish to pay the claim.

Asked 11 months ago - Anaheim, CA

The Creditor asks that I first formally "withdraw" the Rejection by filing something with the Court while we negotiate the amount due. I can't seem to find a form for this. Is there a form? Or, do I simply file a new "Acceptance" of the Creditor's Claim once we agree on something.
Thank you!

1. Christine James

Pro

5

Answered . You can file a withdrawal of rejection on pleading paper or wait and file an acceptance form once you come to an agreement.

2. Gregory Paul Benton

2

Answered . Suggest thatyou and the creditor "stipulate" to the claim's rejection and that you will file an acceptance once the matter is resolved.

3. Jennifer Nicole Sawday

1

Answered . If you have reached an agreement with the creditor, you can prepare a pleading that states the estate is withdrawing the rejection and then file an acceptance of the claim either in full or in part as you may have agreed. Also do a separate writing with the creditor to outline the terms of the agreement to ensure that there are no further issues with this particular claim.