I am an EB1-A green card holder 1.How can I find a job? 2.Can I work in a different working field?

Asked 10 months ago - Los Angeles, CA

I am alien of extraordinary abilities in arts, holder of E11 (EB-1A).1.How can I find a job? 2.Can I work in a different working field, my specialty? Let's say that I am a theatrical director, can I work as a waiter while I am searching for a job?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . LPR can be employed in the USA.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866)... more
  2. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . 1.How can I find a job?
    Not an immigration or a legal question.

    2.Can I work in a different working field, my specialty?
    That would not be advisable if you wish to apply for citizenship in the future.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more
  3. Fadi N. Minawi

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Once you have your Green Card in hand, you can work in any field you wish.

    Niren & Associates
    (toll free) 1-866-929-0991
    (local) 416-410-7484

    Legal disclaimer: For specific advice on your case, Mr. Minawi can be reached at 1-866-929-0991 ext. 206 or by... more
Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

  • 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask span5@2x

Ask a question on our public forum.

Ask a lawyer
Instant span6@2x

Have an attorney contact you privately.

Right now.

Icon lock@2x
Secure conversation. Your details remain between you and your attorney.
Icon clock@2x
Get an answer guaranteed. Be assured that a lawyer will contact you to help with your legal issue.
Start your session now