I am an asylee and I already submitted my application for my Green Card, and it was been accepted, by uscis, did my background

Asked 11 months ago - Austin, TX

and everything on my side is clear and just waiting to get my GC in the mail but my EAD will expired in 3days will I still be eligible to work or what will my employer will tell me since I am still in an asylee status and still waiting on my green card in the mail?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

5

Answered . Yes. You do not need EAD to be authorized to work. You are authorized.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

2

1

Answered . Asylees are authorized to work in the United States with or without a valid work permit document. Your employer, however, may have difficulty understanding that and sorting it out with the I-9 filing obligation. Better get the green card in the mail real soon.

3. Stephen D. Berman

1

1

Answered . Asylees are authorized to work with or without a work permit. However many employers require a work permit to comply with their I-9 filings.