I am an actress and was chosen to play a lead role in a web series. I signed a contract.

Trenton, NJ |

Then I was told that I had to do a nude test in order for them to seethe body type because the role had implied nudity. Shortly after the nude test where they took picturest, I was told that I didn't have the part anymore. I was reduced to a few lines. Can I file suit?

If I were you, I'd get myself to an attorney ASAP and have him or her read the contract to see what you signed. Whether or not you'd still have the part, if there even IS a part, I would not trust these people with my nude photos. I'd be more concerned about that than the role in the web series that they promised you. Good luck!

If my answer was helpful to you, I would appreciate if you would mark it either "helpful" or "best answer" if you feel that applies, as AVVO gives us rating points based on feedback. Thank you! Please note that the above answer is not to be construed as legal advice. It is my personal opinion based on your question, and it was given without obtaining the detailed information that I would normally request in order to render comprehensive legal advice. I advise you to consult with a local attorney of your choosing to obtain specific legal advice. The fact that I answered your question does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and me.

Rochelle S. Rabin

Rochelle S. Rabin

One more thing: on the off chance that this is a SAG contract, my actor friends also recommend contacting the SAG legal department.

The direct answer to your question is yes, anybody can sue anyone, any time, any place in the great country of ours. whether you will win or not is a question beyond what anyone can answer here

Find a lawyer, as my colleagues have noted, but one who has experience with employment agreements, and who can litigate. I think the language of the agreement will be critical in determining the likelihood of success in your lawsuit. I also think there may be criminal charges lurking around this matter.

Good luck!

This post does not create an attorney-client relationship between my firm and the asker. In all events, the asker is well advised to secure advice from an attorney with experience in the area covered by the question asked. This answer is posted for general purposes only.

Depends on the wording of the contract. Attorney necessary.

This should not be considered legal advice and is intended for educational purposes only. It does not constitute a contract for legal services between any parties. Answers are given to questions for which there may be additional facts not mentioned which might change the legal issues or consequences.

I suggest you consult with an attorney to review the contract and see what it requires. I also agree with Ms Rabin's concerns about the future of the photos they took. You should act quickly to get a court order to prevent them from misusing the photos (i.e. posting them online).

I think that you should send them a cease and desist letter that that they can not commercially exploit the pictures they took of you. Consult an attorney ASAP.

DISCLAIMER: This is not intended to be specific legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. No attorney-client relationship is formed with the law firm of Abrams Garfinkel Margolis Bergson, LLP or Nina N. Ameri, Esq. on the basis of this posting.

It depends what is in the agreement. I am not familiar with actresses having to be photographed totally in the nude in order to see what kind of body type they have. Wouldn't a bikini have sufficed? It sounds very suspicious to me. You will probably need the assistance of litigation counsel if you are to have any chance of getting the photos back. With the assistance of your counsel, you may also need to pursue criminal prosecution of the individuals.

No attorney client relationship is created with this post and no legal advice has been rendered. This is for general informational purposes only and does not apply to any specific set of facts which have been reviewed by me. The information contained in this response has not been verified and is not necessarily accurate or reliable, or applicable to any particular jurisdiction. Always hire a licensed attorney to represent your legal interests.

Of course, I agree with my colleagues. You need to confer with an attorney to review the contract. There are Important elements which may involve the ownership of the photos as well as their rights to
publish the photos.

VOSBIKIAN & VOSBIKIAN, L.L.C. (856) 755-1400, e-mail: rfederici@voslaw.com - Offices in Atlantic City, Cherry Hill, Newark, and Trenton, NJ. Please consult with a licensed attorney to provide you with a thorough legal advice. This response is not a substitute for specific legal advice and it should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship. Please visit and share this site: www.voslaw.com

Litigation topics