I am an 18 year old DACA holder and I got an underage drinking ticket. What will the consequences be?

Asked 12 months ago - Elkhart, IN

I am a student at Indiana University and I got a underage drinking ticket. My record is clear and I was one of the few people who were being cooperative with the cops. What will the consequences be? can I get my drivers license or my Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival suspended? What should I do? Thank you!

1. Anthony Michael Solis

Pro

1

Answered . If you have DACA issues, you need to get an attorney to do everything possible to get this to stay off your record. Sorry but with immigration issues you need to perfect and can't screw around like other college students can. The consequences are just too severe.

2. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

1

Answered . From the immigration standpoint, In looks like a minor infraction for your DACA purposes, however, in terms of protecting your prospective Indiana driving privileges, you need to be more proactive: meet with a local traffic counsel licensed in Indiana to review the citation impact on your privileges.

3. Ethan Patrick Meaney

Pro

Answered . Attorney Solis is 100 percent correct. Better safe than sorry.

This is not intended as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship exists because of this response.