I am American and came to Iran to marry an Iranian man and I jusy birthed baby after marriage recording

Asked almost 3 years ago - Iraan, TX

First, do I have to register the birth abroad at the interests section here or can I record it at an American Embassy in a different country because the swiss embassy here is hostile to me? Second, my husband and I just got our Iranian passports. Is there any cheap living country we can get into right away such as mexico, besides turkey and dubia cuz we cant afford to live there?

1. C. C. Abbott

Answered . You have a series of different issues in your posting. You need to check with the DOS for registering your child as a birth abroad. Each consulate has its own specific rules. For examine, in Canada the Halifax consulate has different local rules compared to the one in Ottawa or Toronto.

On the last two issues, AVVO is a location where lawyers provide general comments on US laws. The issue of what countries have lower costs to live would have to be done by you based on searching on the Internet. The issue of what countries you to move to would require an examination of the migration laws of those countries and contacting licensed lawyers within those countries.

Congratulations on your recent baby. Good luck.

2. Kyndra L. Mulder

Pro

Answered . For your baby to be an automatic registered U.S. citizen you must register the birth abroad with the U.S. Consulate. This should be done with in one year.

3. Ekaette Patty-Anne Eddings

Answered . You need to register the birth of your child at the US Consulate and apply for a passport.
    On the issues, those are your personal matters.

Goodluck..

4. Renee Colette Redman

Pro

Answered . As the US does not have a Consulate or Embassy in Iran, check with the US Department of State to find out how you should register your child.

5. Renee Colette Redman

Pro