I am American, how do I live in Scotland with my Scottish husband and not yet born baby?

Haines City, FL |
Filed under: Immigration

My husband is Scottish (from Scotland) we are both currently living in the U.S. I am currently sponsoring him to live in the USA.
I am an American Citizen.
We would like to relocate to Scotland and live with his parents who are retired, until he finds a job.
What forms do we need and is the visa process lengthy? Does he need to find a job first?
When we have the baby, does she automatically get dual citizenship?

1. This forum is for US immigration. A good start would be to contact a Scottish lawyer.

Legal disclaimer: For specific advice on your case, Mr. Minawi can be reached at 1-866-929-0991 ext. 206 or by email-fadi@visaplace.com.This answer does not establish an attorney client relationship. www.visaplace.com

2. You should speak with an immigration attorney in Scotland as your question deals purely with Scottish immigration law.

Irene Vaisman, Esq. 11 Broadway, Suite 615 New York, NY 10004 (646) 253-0516 This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (646) 253-0516.

3. You need to contact an attorney who practices immigration law in the UK.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

4. Attorneys on Avvo practice US law. They cannot advise you on the laws and requirements of other countries.

You need to contact an attorney in the country in question.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

5. Contact an attorney that practice immigration law in Scotland (UK).

321.208.7324
    immigration@rbrownllc.com
    www.brownimmigrationFL.com

Robert Brown LLC
    Baldwin Park
    4767 New Broad Street
    Orlando, Florida 32814