I am already married(muslim), can I still apply for a k1 fiance visa for usa???

Chicago, IL |

i was unmarried when filed the k1 but later i had to marry because of my family problems before the interview for the k1.I am a muslim from a muslim country and two marriages are allowed in Islam. I want to ask that can it be a problem for my k1 visa????plz help me.

1. Yes, it will cause you many problems, including possibly bigamy, fraud, etc. You need to speak with an immigration attorney immediately. You also need to file for divorce from one of the spouse's.
    Regards,
    Nicklaus Misiti
    Law Offices of Nicklaus Misiti
    212 537 4407

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

2. My colleagues are correct.

Guerra Saenz, PL--Immigration Attorneys (954) 434-5800. This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice.

3. Once you are married, you cannot pursue K-1. In addition, there may be other laws violated.

Madrid Crost Law Group - (888) 466-4478; e-mail: mc@madridcrost.com; skype: usvisalaw 10 S. La Salle Street, Suite 3320, Chicago, IL 60603 Please consult with a licensed immigration professional to provide you with a thorough legal advice. This response is not a substitute for specific legal advice and it should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship. Please help stop notario fraud. Please visit and share this site: www.stopnotariofraud.org.