I am about to make my last visit before getting off probation. My PO has not asked for a UA. Is she required to give me one?

Kaufman, TX |

I have completed all my requirements and have had no trouble the entire time I've been on probation. She has never mentioned a test of any sort. I have a breathalyzer on my car. Should I expect a UA because the state says she has to?

She doesn't have to give you one but she certainly can. No one can give you a definitive answer to your question. It sounds like you've done great. Don't screw it up now!

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.

Macy is right. I've seen probationers who were never tested, and some that were tested many times. So be ready to pass if you need to.

Robert Guest is a Kaufman County Criminal Defense Lawyer with offices is Forney, Texas, Irving, Texas and Kaufman, Texas. We do not have an attorney-client relationship. My use of Avvo is not intended to form an attonrey-client relationship. Avvo is a limited forum and should never be used as a replacement for a consultation with a local lawyer. My answers are not legal advice. You really need a consultation with a local attorney. Do that before making any important decisions.

You should ALWAYS expect a UA, especially on the last visit before your probation is terminated. And if she asks, you are required. Seriously, don't screw it up at this late date.....

Cynthia Henley
713-222-1220

No