I am a white male age 51 and was discriminated at McDonalds. Can I win a lawsuit. store Video shows this.

Charlotte, NC |

5 black people served by same black cashier while I waited 19 minutes for a basic order McDonalds has asked what they can do to make this right. Mgr. offered money back but this needs attention so it don't continue to happen

I agree with the previous answers. Since you have an offer, there is a good chance that your story has some weight to it. Now, if there is a legal claim is another story. I suspect you were offered compensation to reduce or eliminate any bad publicity.

This is not a case that could be handled pro se as McDonald's war chest is way too deep for a pro se litigant to ever hope to defeat alone. But in essence, this is not a million dollar claim. This is a claim of inconvenience. Which in Court would afford you minor compensation that would likely be less that anything an attorney would charge you to handle. Get the best compensation you can from the manager and take your future business to an establishment that will treat you better.

Careful. You are about to overplay a very limited hand.

No legal advice here. READ THIS BEFORE you contact me! My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. My law firm does not provide free consultations. Please do not call or write to me with a “few questions” that require me to analyze the specific facts of your history and your license application and prescribe for you how to get a State license. Send me an email to schedule a paid Consultation for that kind of information, direction, and assistance. My law firm presently accepts cases involving State and federal licenses and permits; discipline against State and federal licenses; and disciplinary and academic challenges to universities, colleges, boarding schools, and private schools. We take cases of wrongful termination or employment discrimination only if the claims involve peace officers, universities or colleges.

If you spoke to the manager, what more do you want? There are no damages.

Unfortunately, there is no legal claim here.

Business topics

Recommended articles about Business