Skip to main content

I am a victim of arson i just lost everything and because of rumors stating i was a meth cook which are false;

Coupeville, WA |

I have NO record and in fact have helped many young adults get off drugs and get on with life. The fire department didnt attack my fire as they would have because they had to ask questions if any fire fighters would be hurt in there because of some type of chemical. I cannot get any help from the churches in the area because of these rumors again with NOTHING to back any of this up. I have lost my dog two cats and my home with everything in it. I saved the person who set the fire and I got burned she had no injuries what can i do about this if anything?

Attorney Answers 1


About the only thing left to do is seek the counsel of a civil rights lawyer and see if he/she will take your case to sue the city/town, village or state in which the fire department is located to get damages because they wouldn't fight the fire because of their fear about a chemical. Of course, if those rumors surface, you may find them defending themselves using it, so be careful. If they can prove it, you may have bigger problems.

Sorry for your losses.

Good luck.

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics