I am a Vegas headliner who sometimes uses an opening act. They are hired as W-9 independent contractors. One of these acts were

Las Vegas, NV |

Rehearsing with a dancer at his house and she broke her ankle. She is now suing him, me, and the planet Hollywood (that's where the theater is. I have nothing to do with what he does in his show let alone in his house. Yet we can't get the case dropped. We have proven he wasn't an employee of my mine and shown proof with tax statements but she is still closing in on a 40k settlement. Never met her or talked to her. Planet Hollywood had their case thrown out. Why can't we?

I need more information in order to evaluate your case. Please send me a private message if you would like to discuss your options.

The above is general information only and is not legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney until we sign a retainer agreement. You should seek the advice of competent counsel before taking any action related to your inquiry.