I am a US Resident and im being charged with dui & hit and run

Asked about 1 year ago - Palm Springs, CA

If i get charged with a misdemeanor or felony would i be deported

1. Elliot Rahmim Zarabi

Pro

6

Answered . Hit and Run can be considered a crime involving moral turpitude so even as a misdemeanor it could pose heavy immigration consequences for you. I recommend you speak to an attorney about this and great detail.

Elliot Zarabi
    www.TipsyLaw.com
    213-612-7720

2. Michael Rutledge Norton

5

Answered . You need to speak with and/or hire an defense attorney who also handles or has knowledge and experience with immigration law. Even a misdemeanor can have immigration consequences. The length of custody time and how the charge is classified (crime of moral turpitude) can cause immigration issues. Best of luck.

3. Christopher Paul Sohovich

Pro

4

Answered . A misdemeanor most likely not a felony, yes. You need to hire an expereinced DUI attorney immediately.

4. Michael Kevin Cernyar

Pro

4

Answered . Where were you born? Are you a citizen? If not are you a citizen of a country on the temporary protection status? Was anyone injured? How many DUIs have you had in the past? There are too many questions to ask here so I suggest contacting a criminal defense attorney who has experience in this area.

www.YourCriminalDefenseLawyer.com
    (800) 409-7010

5. Michael Jon Fremont

Pro

4

Answered . a dui is generally a misdemeanor.the hot and run is problemàtic as it
    shoupd be a misdemeanor can be a felony but it is a crime of moral
    turpitude offense. Speak with a good DUI attorney and an immigration
    attorney in your area
    >

6. Mark Lawrence Deniz

Pro

1

Answered . Misdemeanor hit and run is a moral turpitude crime an can have consequences. It is necessary to review immigration implications while evaluating a case. It is key that you hire the best locally experienced criminal defense attorney to represent you that you can afford. You should obtain a free consultation as soon as possible. Good luck.