I am a US Resident and im being charged with dui & hit and run

Palm Springs, CA |

If i get charged with a misdemeanor or felony would i be deported

1. A misdemeanor most likely not a felony, yes. You need to hire an expereinced DUI attorney immediately.

2. Hit and Run can be considered a crime involving moral turpitude so even as a misdemeanor it could pose heavy immigration consequences for you. I recommend you speak to an attorney about this and great detail.

Elliot Zarabi
    www.TipsyLaw.com
    213-612-7720

Elliot Zarabi www.FreeCriminalConsultation.com 213-612-7720 This answer does not constitute full legal advise. I do not know the full details of the case and therefore cannot make a full determination on your case or your answer. I always recommend speaking to an attorney in detail regarding your case.

3. You need to speak with and/or hire an defense attorney who also handles or has knowledge and experience with immigration law. Even a misdemeanor can have immigration consequences. The length of custody time and how the charge is classified (crime of moral turpitude) can cause immigration issues. Best of luck.

4. Where were you born? Are you a citizen? If not are you a citizen of a country on the temporary protection status? Was anyone injured? How many DUIs have you had in the past? There are too many questions to ask here so I suggest contacting a criminal defense attorney who has experience in this area.

www.YourCriminalDefenseLawyer.com
    (800) 409-7010

The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.

5. a dui is generally a misdemeanor.the hot and run is problemàtic as it
    shoupd be a misdemeanor can be a felony but it is a crime of moral
    turpitude offense. Speak with a good DUI attorney and an immigration
    attorney in your area
    >

6. Misdemeanor hit and run is a moral turpitude crime an can have consequences. It is necessary to review immigration implications while evaluating a case. It is key that you hire the best locally experienced criminal defense attorney to represent you that you can afford. You should obtain a free consultation as soon as possible. Good luck.

DUI topics