Skip to main content

I am a US citizen I applied for a green card for my Dad and he got denied , In the past he work in Texas with his tourist visa.

Fort Mill, SC |

was deported and since he had at the time his visa in Mexico he entered the states and was going back in for with 6 month permission. When he apply again for his tourist visa in Mexico got denied and is in Mexico since then. Is there anything can be done for him to have a green card. the immigration officer told him the only way is if I help my mother to get her green card and than she will ask for him. Do you think is any hope for my dad to come to the EU. I will appreciated your comments , we have a sick child with heart problems and can not travel to Mexico and will be the only way for my dad to come and see him here.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. I'd like to know why he was denied his LPR status. I'd like to know what portion of the case was denied; the I-130, the I-485 (if it was while he was here) or if he was denied at the consulate. This will help define the issue.

  2. I agree that we would need more information to be able to help you with this issue. Waivers of inadmissibility are complicated legal matters. Your father probably got something in writing explaining why he was denied his immigrant visa. You should take a copy of that paper to an attorney to review. Depending on why your father was denied, it is possible that he might be eligible for a waiver. However, different categories of inadmissibility have different requirements for obtaining a waiver, which is why I highly suggest you see an experienced immigration law attorney about this matter. I am very sorry for your situation, and truly hope that you and your father are able to find the resolution you seek. Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions. I speak fluent Spanish.
    Amanda M. Diaz

  3. Sorry to hear about the difficult situation your family must be going through. it would be difficult to answer your question without knowing the basis for your father's denial - whether it was the visa, the adjustment. I would suggest having an attorney review your paperwork thus far and then you can be given an informed opinion about your father's chances.

    Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

Family law topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics