I am a US citizen,can i petition my married sisters and brothers?

Asked over 3 years ago - Fort Mill, SC

i am a us citizen, i can petition my brothers and sisters? they are all married....they live in the philippiness..thanks

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Elizabeth Rose Blandon


    Contributor Level 16

    Answered . A U.S. citizen can petition his or her adult siblings regardless of their marital status.

    However, because the wait time is so long, your siblings should consult with an immigration attorney about visas. With a visa, they can remain in the country while they wait the decision on the residency.

  2. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Yes, but it will probably take over 20 years for them to immigrate.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,911 answers this week

3,419 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,911 answers this week

3,419 attorneys answering