I am a US citizen and my husband is illegal,

Asked about 5 years ago - Houston, TX

he enter the country legally, we have two kids together. He support us economically. Can I petition him without him leaving the country?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Isaul Verdin

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . Your husband has a great case and he does not have to leave the country to obtain his green card because he entered legally. I would still advise you to consult with an immigration lawyer so the lawyer can ensure there are no other issues that would affect your husband's eligibility. Best of luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,707 answers this week

3,233 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,707 answers this week

3,233 attorneys answering