I am a US Citizen and my fiancee is a Mexican citizen. We would like a religious ceremony in Mexico.

Asked about 2 years ago - Washington, DC

Where is the best place to have the civil ceremony? In the US or Mexico for US Immigration? Also, my fiancee has a tourist visa, will he need to apply for a fiancee visa?

1. Mary Carmen Remigio Madrid-Crost

Pro

5

Answered . Please provide us with details. Is your fiancee in the U.S. Is fiancee presently in a valid tourist staus? If not, how long ago did the authorized stay expire?

If your fiancee is still in Mexico and you would like a religious ceremony there, that means that you will fil an immigrant petition for your fiancee and eventually go for consular processing before entering as a conditional resident. I suggest you consult with an experienced immigration lawyer.

2. Luis Alberto Guerra

Pro

4

Answered . My colleague is correct.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

3

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

4. Kamal Nawash

Answered . You did not give enough information.

5. Toni Maschler

1

Answered . You should have a consultation with an immigration attorney to be certain to balance the location and kind of wedding celebration(s) you would like with the requirements of immigration law and the waiting or separation that certain options would entail. Make an appointment with an experienced attorney!