Skip to main content

I am a US citizen and my biological mom is in Germany with my two step brothers. I want to file for them. How do i go about it?

Toledo, OH |
Filed under: Immigration US visas

I am a US citizen and my mom and two step brothers are in Germany. I want to file for my mom, and if possible my step brothers too. How do i go about it and how long will it take?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You start with the relative petition and consular process.

Your mother can be completed fairly soon, your brothers will have to await the availability of visa numbers.

Of course there are other considerations when it comes to step relationships.

It is advisable to contact an immigration lawyer to discuss your case if you are not familiar with the immigration process or otherwise have concerns.

You are welcome to use the link provided to contact me to discuss your case.



Retain counsel to handle the entire filing including the immediate relative petition and the corresponding consular processing. Depending on the age of your step brothers, you may have an issue that should be addressed immediately.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer