I am a US citizen and I want to marry my indian boyfriend. But how do I get him here?

Asked about 3 years ago - Levant, KS

He lives in India but we want to marry in US and live here.

1. 1

Answered . K-1 visa seems like your best bet.
    Sent on the SprintĀ® Now Network from my BlackBerry

2. 1

Answered . You can use a K-1 Visa. This is a fiance visa and is the fastest way to get him here. You would have to get married within 90 days of his arrival.

Or, you could marry him in India, and file a petition for him as your husband. Though this takes a bit longer he will enter the United States as a Resident.

Good Luck.

Massachusetts Immigration Attorney
    www.gagarinlaw.com

3. 1

Answered . Hello,

Thank you for posting your question.

As the other attorneys have stated, given that you are a U.S. citizen, you want to marry him in the U.S. and he is in India, the Fiance Visa route would be the best option. This is a two stage process - first, you have to file Form I-129F with USCIS; second, if the I-129F is approved, your fiance will need to apply for his K-1 visa at a U.S. Consulate in India.

An overview of this process can be found on my website at: http://www.familytousa.com/fiance-petition-k-1-...

However, before you file any paperwork, I would recommend you speak to an experienced immigration attorney to ensure that your fiance does not have any past issues that would cause problems with the issuance of a K-1 visa. The attorney could also address any questions you have regarding timing, processing times and address any questions/concerns you may have.

Good luck!

Thank you,
    Nisha V. Fontaine, Esq.
    Serotte Reich Wilson, LLP

Ph: 716-854-7525
    Email: NFontaine@srwlawyers.com
    Web: www.familytousa.com

4. 1

Answered . The K1 Visa is normally how this is done.
    Regards,
    Nick Misiti
    Misiti Global
    212 537 4407