Skip to main content

I am a US CITIZEN and i wanna know Whats a better and the Fastest way to bring my Wife from Pakistan to U.S?

North Aurora, IL |
Filed under: Immigration

I've been Married for a year now and i really wanna bring my wife here in U.S ASAP. I am flying over next week to see her and i will be staying there for 2 i was wondering if i can bring her back with me? Is there a Visa i can apply for her while i'm there? or should i just file the i-130 which i hear normally takes a year...i'm also hearing from many ppl that fiance Visa is a faster way to bring her over better thn i-130...takes 3 months only? Please guys gimme the best advice possible i really need help and i want her in U.S ASAP...Please get back to me....thanks.

Attorney Answers 4

  1. It used to be the fiancee visa K-3 in your situation since your married now but due to backlogs this is no longer the case and sometimes the difference in times for processing between I-130 and K-3 is very minimal and therefore perhaps filing the I-130 and by passing the K-3 may be an option but you can also do both and see which comes in first. The K-3 takes 3-6 months and the I-130 usually 6 months, then its referred to NVC and that takes another 1-3 months and then you she has her interview at the embassy. Good luck.

  2. Please see the answer to your other question.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

  3. Marriage based is the best option. To save time you should work with an attorney because the biggest delays happen because of mistakes in applications.

    Dhenu Savla, Esq.
    SwagatUSA, LLC

    This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not meant to be relied upon as legal advice.

  4. There is only one way to process the paperwork in your situation. Instead of relying on non-professional advice on how to avoid processing times wait I would suggest you to consult with an immigration lawyer to accomplish your goals. Best Wishes!
    Lalita Haran
    Attorney: Immigration Law
    13295 Illinois St., Ste., 128
    Carmel IN 46032
    Ph: (317) 660-6174

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics