Skip to main content

I am a us citizen and i'm pregnant. is there a way i could show my pregnancy proof to the uscis, to speed up my i130 process?

Jamaica, NY |

it been 3 months since i have filed for the i 130.

Attorney Answers 5

  1. Best answer

    Yes and no. You can get a letter from the doctor attesting to your pregnancy and offer it as proof of bona fide marriage at the interview ro if RFE is issued. You cannot expedite anything. First, they do not consider I-130 processing particularly back logged and will pay little heed to your requests to expedite. Second they are correct. They cannot be expected to do that. I am not trying to discorage you to make an attempt to expedite. I am trying to tell you that in all the attempts we have made, the expedition did not really happened, despote very compelling circumstances which we documents well. G-d bless you and your new comer.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

  2. Sorry, but pregnancy is not a valid ground that can be used to "speed" adjudication of an I-130.

    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

  3. Sorry, being pregnant won't speed things.

    But, meeting with an attorney might.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

  4. Unfortunately, your I-130 Petition almost certainly will not be expedited. Best of luck to you.

    (734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics