I am a US citizen and I have filed a form I 130 for my parents only. Does it affect my siblings under 21 to get visit visa?

Asked over 1 year ago - Alexandria, VA

I am a US citizen and I have filed a form I 130 for my parents only. I have brothers under 21 who are my blood brothers. I will be graduating with Masters degree in December and wanted to invite my younger brothers to the graduation ceremony. Would the immigration have issues with granting them visit visa because I have filed I-130 for my parents?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

9

Answered . Yes. It is part of the consideration whether the parents are in the USA or waiting to immigrate.

2. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

7

Answered . Yes, unfortunately the consulate will want to look a the "whole family picture" before deciding on whether to issue a visa to you or not.

3. Calvin T. Sun

5

Answered . Agreed.

4. K. Omari Fullerton

2

Answered . Yes, the consular officer will take it in consideration that their parents have a pending I-130. You should still invite them. The consular will make a decision based on the totality of the circumstance.Your brothers will need to prove that they intend to return to their country if a visa is approved. The granting of the visa is in the discretion of the consular officer.