I am a US citizen what will it cost me to apply for my parents

Asked over 1 year ago - Gainesville, GA

i went to a lawyer and he said it would cost me 3,000 for his hourly fee and 1000 to fill out the immigration forms . is this a good deal

1. Scott Benjamin Riddle

Pro

11

Answered . It might be a great deal for a qualified lawyer, or a very bad deal for a lawyer who does not know what he/she is doing. There is no way for us to know (and this is not the place to discuss names and details). Meet with other lawyers and choose one you are comfortable with based on their expertise.

2. Irene Vaisman

Pro

9

Answered . I agree with my colleague. We can't discuss fees on the forum. Filing fees are available at uscis.gov. But legal fees are different with each attorney

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  3. Elisheva G Mosko

4

Answered . Filing fees will also vary on whether your parents are inside the United States, and if so, how they entered the United States, or if your parents are not within the United States.

4. Alexander Joseph Segal

3

Answered . His estimate was about right.

5. Sasha O. Lazarevich-Sinnott

1

Answered . The cost will depend on a number of factors including the experience level of the attorney, the area you live in, and the type of petition you are filing for your parents. The amount of money you are describing could very well be fair for the amount of work involved. It makes sense to consult with a couple of different attorneys in your area to see what attorney you are most comfortable with. This will also give you an idea of what others are charging. However, it also isn't wise to go with the cheapest option. You need to evaluate the whole situation.