I am a U.S. citizen and want to immigrate to Canada to be with the love of my life. What options do I have to make this happen?

Sonora, CA |

We are both males. I live in California my partner lives in Windsor Ontario Canada. I am recently devorced and have a 6 year old son. I am a Dietary Manager at a care facility and my partner is a Union sheet metal worker. We are engaged and have been together for two years.

You need to speak with a Canadian immigration attorney. This is a US immigration law forum.

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Hope you find happiness in a more progressive place, but we still can't advise you on Canadian laws.

The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions. Visit us at www.tunitskylaw.com. Contact us at 713.335.5505 or email at veronica@tunitskylaw.com. Veronica Tunitsky offers in-person, as well as telephone and email consultations.

Here are the names of a couple of good Canadian immigration lawyers in Toronto: Heather Segal and Joel Guberman.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Marriage and prenups topics