I am a tenant in an apartment. A co tenant has moved out and left her furniture and personal possessions behind.

Asked over 1 year ago - Springfield, MA

That was six months ago. How do I legally move her property out of my apartment ?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Henry Lebensbaum

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Send her a certified letter.

    henry lebensbaum esq 300 Brickstone Sq Ste 201 andover, ma -- attorneylebensbaum@verizon.net (978) 749-3606.
    Criminal Law (all courts), Drunk Driving, Drugs, Violence, Sex Offenses, theft, SORB, Divorce Child Custody Alimony Child Support & Modification, Contempts & Paternity Juveniles Domestic Violence & Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury, Guardianship, Conservatorship & Estate Administration & Legal Malpractice. For these & other areas, contact me. Email sent may be copied intercepted or held by computers.

    Criminal Law (all misdemeanor & felonies in District and Superior Courts), Drunk Driving and Drug arrests, Sex... more
  2. Christopher W. Vaughn-Martel

    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I generally endorse the usual recommendation on this list when it comes to the abandoned property of others. Send a letter giving them a certain amount of time to remove their belongings and describe in detail what you will do if they do not respond. Make sure you give them a reasonable amount time under the circumstances and verify receipt. Good luck.

    Christopher Vaughn-Martel is a Massachusetts lawyer with the firm of Vaughn-Martel Law in Boston, Massachusetts.... more
  3. Erik Hammarlund

    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . Send a certified letter and demand their removal. However, you shouldn't dispose of them until you talk to a lawyer.

    Do you want accurate, personalized, legal advice that you can rely on? You will have to hire an attorney, not ask... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,416 answers this week

2,822 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,416 answers this week

2,822 attorneys answering