I am a student at Coppin State University. Recently I was told that in error I had rec'd loans and grants from the state of Md.

Asked about 1 month ago - Baltimore, MD

The college took back all the money that they had given me to pay for my tuition back to Spring 2012, leaving me owing them $10, 500.00. The college has now referred my acct to central collections, who has now registered me for tax intercept.

1. Randy Jay Harvey

Pro

Answered . Unfortunately, state government can make errors and then hold you accountable for their mistake. Public monies that are given in error must be recovered. Knowing that you should try to work out a payment plan or get a personal loan to repay the money to avoid these collection actions.
    If you want help from an attorney, look for one using the "Find an Attorney Tab" here on Avvo.
    Best of luck!

2. Joshua R.I. Cohen

Answered . You're in luck! Since you now owe tuition, you can discharge it in bankruptcy. Sad, but you have to do what you have to do.