Skip to main content

I am a Soldier and my wife is in Germany. I want a divorce due infidelity. I have been in tx 6 mos now can i file for divorce.

San Antonio, TX |
Filed under: Divorce

My wife is with another man right now and she does not want to get a divorce due to the benifits she has as an Army spouse. We have two kids in the marriage and I have no proplem paying child support. But she said I can not see the kids any more and if step a foot in Germany she will have me arrested. I am tired of fighting, I want a divorce. What do I do?

Attorney Answers 3


You certainly don't need to go to Germany to get your divorce, I'm sure an attorney in TX will be able to help you right away. You can search the attorney profiles here on Avvo for an attorney in your area. Contact two or three to compare costs and philosophical fit, then choose one to handle your divorce and arrange an appropriate plan for you to have parenting time with your children. Good luck!

IMPORTANT LEGAL NOTICE: Ms. Brown’s response to the question above is not legal advice and it does not create an attorney-client relationship. All of Ms. Brown’s responses to questions posted on AVVO are intended as general information based upon the facts stated in the question, and are provided for educational purposes of the public, not any specific individual. If you would like to obtain specific legal advice about this issue, please contact an attorney in your state. Ms. Brown is licensed to practice law in New York. If you would like to contact her directly for a legal consultation, you may do so by calling 718-878-6886 during regular business hours, or anytime by email at:

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful


Is your wife a soldier as well? If not, you should have no issues with a Texas Divorce.

Mark as helpful


You have a tough situation to work through, if she plans to stay in Germany. If she is just stationed there, I assume she will want to return to the US one day, with the kids.

If you want a divorce and don't really care about child custody issues, you can file for divorce in Texas, but then you have to have her served. Serving a person on active duty, particularly on overseas deployment can be frustrating. As a soldier yourself, you can probably work through that easier than civilian spouses.

Good luck!!

Mark as helpful

Divorce topics

Recommended articles about Divorce

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics