I am a single parent and a father of 10yr old daughter. Is it legal to rent a one bedroom apartment with my daughter?

Asked almost 2 years ago - San Francisco, CA

My landlord said that there is a law that a father and a daughter cant live together in one bedroom apartment and she wants me to leave now. I want to know if this is true. If it is, then whos gonna take care of my daughter? where she gonna stay ?

1. Erin Patricia Farley

3

Answered . Your landlord is full of it. This is housing discrimination. File a complaint with the Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH) at: http://www.dfeh.ca.gov/

Most likely, DFEH will not act because they are overwhelmed with issues and understaffed; but at the very least, they can supply you with information and that can put your landlord in her place.

2. Frank Wei-Hong Chen

2

Answered . It is not true. There is no law which states that a father cannot live with his daughter.