I am a short haul class C driver, can my employer schedule me longer than 16 hours?

San Diego, CA |

They regularly allow drivers to drive longer than what is allowed, The normal shift is 12 hours but the overnight shift used to be from 10AM to 7AM, if busy during the day going over 11 hours driving is easy. I got them to push it up to 1PM and 3PM, but they dont want to pay for waiting time between calls making it hard to make money when nights are slow(which is the usual). We are required to be ready to go within minutes of being called out, in uniform and can not turn down calls..

1. There are restrictions on how long you can be made to drive without a break. You should consult with an attorney who would review the FLSA.

Until you come in for a consultation, please be advised that you are not considered a client of the firm and no attorney client relationship is established. Thus, this email is not to advise you of any legal rights but merely to advise of a general response to your posting.