I am a section 8 voucher holder who is being charged $400. over what HUD says I am to pay. The landlord agreed to 1195. with hud

Asked about 1 year ago - Long Beach, CA

But I have to pay 1595. per month plus the 25 that is my apportioned rent. I told HUD about her wanting the 400 & tried to back out because I had found another place for much less, & the land lady was ready to sign the papers that same day, &they said that no the first LL agreed to take hud's offer of 1195. & that if I didn't enter into the lease I would lose my voucher because it was expiring. ethough I had been told 2 mos earlier the clock stopped ticking when I submitted request for lease app. for the unit. Housing sat on my file that long. Then only offered 1195. even though the FMR is 1300. for my zip. I told them again that she is demanding the 400 over & all they said was we cannot give you legal advice, then informed me that its illegal to pay more so either way i lose my voucher

1. Sagar P. Parikh

Answered . Assuming you live in Long Beach, contact the Long Beach Housing Authority.

http://www.longbeach.gov/health/housing/