I am a resident of this country , my fiancé as a visiting visa but lives here how long will it take for me to file for her

Asked over 1 year ago - Fort Lauderdale, FL

She has been here 1 year we have a child together and I am a resident of america

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

6

Answered . I have already answered this question for you in your other post.

2. Shahzad Ahmed

4

Answered . Hello Sir, you need to naturalize, which will made a permanent residency visa available for her.

3. Ksenia Alexandrovna Maiorova

5

Answered . I have some concerns about what have outlined. Unless your fiance's tourist status was extended beyond the 6 months typically given, she is likely already out of status. Remember, the Visa does not determine how long you are permitted to stay in the US; the I-94 card that she would have been given at the airport does that. Typically, you get 6 months on the I-94.

Because you are a resident, you will need to marry your fiance before anything can be done on the immigration side. Once you have married, you can file for her, but she will have to wait for several years to get her green card, and she cannot remain here in the US while she is waiting for her turn.

You need to meet with an experienced attorney to discuss your options.

4. Kyndra L. Mulder

Pro

Answered . Assuming you are a LEGAL permanent resident it will take years. You need to get your NATZ and then an immigrant visa will be immediately available for her.