I am a resident of Fl,but on misd probation in MO,they informed me its being revoked can they come to FL to get me

Asked almost 2 years ago - Panama City, FL

due to a personal illness and then a death in the family i missed 2 consectutive child support payments,and now they want to revoke my probation,what are my options and can Florida hold me for that ty

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Tracey Lyn Sticco

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Can they come to FL to get you? Yes. Will they? Highly unlikely, given it is a misdemeanor offense. A MO attorney may be able to resolve the case in your absence and/or file the appropriate motions for early termination of your probation.

  2. William David Umansky


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Yes they can but it is unlikely as no one will want to pick up cost of extradition. Hire a MO lawyer to try and resolve case for you.

    Please be advised that answering your questions does not establish an attorney-client relationship with myself or... more
  3. Charles K. Kenyon Jr.

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Misdemeanor extradition is extremely rare. Can you be held in Florida? Yes, for a period of time.

    You should contact a MO lawyer to try to get this straightened out, perhaps with an extension of the probation. You may also want a FL lawyer to attempt to keep you out of jail while it gets worked out.

    If any answer on AVVO helps you, mine or someone else’s, please mark it as "helpful" or "best answer" to help AVVO know which answers to show others.

    Thank you.

    --- Experienced Criminal Defense Lawyer in Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin

    --- Facebook Page

    --- Talking to the Police - Advice from Lawyers and Police

    --- Miranda Rights (and Wrongs)


    Confidential information should not be disclosed in this Internet forum.

    I am an experienced Wisconsin criminal defense lawyer practicing in Madison (Dane County) Wisconsin. The laws in each jurisdiction can be very different. I cannot give legal advice over the Internet nor can I establish an attorney client relationship with you.

    If something I say disagrees with what your own lawyer is telling you, you should rely on your lawyer who is familiar with you, your entire case, the local courts and practices.

    Most questions are just better handled by an attorney familiar with the procedures of the courts in your area. Few, if any, legal matters should be handled via Internet communication. If you cannot afford an attorney, there should be agencies in your area that can provide discounted, or even free, legal services.

    This AVVO Answer is provided for general educational purposes only.

    Click on the “more” link below for more important information about the answer and AVVO.

    Confidential information should not be disclosed in this Internet forum. Click on the "More..." link for... more

Related Topics

Probation for criminal conviction

Probation is when an offender is released from serving a prison sentence and is instead put under supervision. The degree of supervision depends on the crime.

Jared Clayton Austin

Michigan Probation Violations

Probation is a sentence imposed in lieu of incarceration when you are found guilty of a crime. This allows people to continue on with their lives in the civilian world while still being... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

16,197 answers this week

2,251 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

16,197 answers this week

2,251 attorneys answering