I am a plaintiff in a personal injury case. The defendant filed a demurrer to the original complaint

Asked over 1 year ago - Folsom, CA

The court issued a mixed ruling sustaining some arguments and overruling other arguments in the demurrer and the court issued a leave to amend. An amended complaint was filed and was followed by another demurrer. Again, the court issued a mixed ruling sustaining parts and overruling other parts of the demurrer and then issued a leave to amend. The coming amended complaint is the fourth one. Can the plaintiff attach digital exhibits to this fourth amended complaint? This digital exhibit will fortify the case. I understand there is nothing in California Civil Code that prohibits attaching digital exhibits such as a CD to the hard copy papers of the amended complaint. The digital attachment can include a power point with videos and photos that supports the case.

1. Robert Max Klein

Pro

11

Answered . This is an interesting question. I do not know that answer off the top of my head. Assuming that you do not have a lawyer and are attempting to do this yourself, I would suggest that you look at the Rules of Court and the local rules for the jurisdiction where you matter is pending. For example, in Los Angeles, the local rules can be found here: http://www.lasuperiorcourt.org/courtrules/ui/in... There may be something similar in your area.

2. Adrienne Patricia Allen

11

Answered . Since this is your 4th try you really should get an attorney or at least consult with one on your complaint filing. One of these times the court will grant the demurrer WITHOUT leave to amend and you will be out of luck.

Pro

12

Answered . Your attorney would be in the best position to answer all your questions.

4. Michael Shemtoub

10

Answered . These are really questions for your attorney. If you do not have an attorney you should contact one right away and not proceed any further until one is representing you.

5. Robert Bruce Kopelson

8

Answered . I would not attach an exhibit unless it was something that is readable on its face, as opposed to a digital exhibit. The rules of pleading require allegations of certain facts to support the legal claims made. Power points may ot may not do that. Why not take the facts from the power points and allege them properly in the complaint? This will likely be your last amendment allowed by the court. You really should hire an atty to at least assist you in drafting the complaint.

6. Joshua Thomas Edlow

7

Answered . I know this does not specifically answer your question, but if you are filing complaints without an attorney, I highly recommend that you find one in your area. Most, if not all plaintiff's attorneys in the area take cases on a contingency fee basis, so there should not be an issue with affording payment, and a good personal injury attorney more than pays for himself in the value he brings to the case.

7. Albert Lee Crosner

7

Answered . I concur with my colleagues and caution you that you should listen to Attorney Allen's concern about the demurrer. If you have an attorney that has been having such problems with the Complaint, you need to find another to take the case over if you can. If you do not have an attorney, I would suggest doing so immediately.

8. Robert Andrew Michael Burns

4

Answered . You can't find a lawyer to represent you or you'd rather suffer through this on your own?