I am a Physician working on J1 visa waiver job in a VA hospital. I want to visit India, what documts I need for visa stamping?

Asked about 2 years ago - Jackson, MS

I am a physician on J1 visa waiver job and want to visit the family in India along with my wife and 3 yo son who is american citizen. I am in first year of my jq visa waiver job at a VA hospital. My questions are:
1. Am I allowed to visit India while on J1 visa waiver job?
2. If so what all documents do I need to take with me to get my H1B visa stamped at US consulate in Chennai?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

12

1

Answered . You will need your passport, proof that you obtained a J waiver, your H-1B notice of approval, letter from your employer, etc.

2. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . I agree with my colleague.

Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case.