I am a Physician working on J1 visa waiver job in a VA hospital. I want to visit India, what documts I need for visa stamping?

Jackson, MS |

I am a physician on J1 visa waiver job and want to visit the family in India along with my wife and 3 yo son who is american citizen. I am in first year of my jq visa waiver job at a VA hospital. My questions are:
1. Am I allowed to visit India while on J1 visa waiver job?
2. If so what all documents do I need to take with me to get my H1B visa stamped at US consulate in Chennai?

You will need your passport, proof that you obtained a J waiver, your H-1B notice of approval, letter from your employer, etc.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Thank you again, specific answers for question above, how can I request for your services?

Carl Michael Shusterman

Carl Michael Shusterman

Please see http://shusterman.com/intake.html

I agree with my colleague.

Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Recommended articles about Immigration