I am a Physician working on J1 visa waiver job in a VA hospital. I want to visit India, what documts I need for visa stamping?

Asked about 2 years ago - Jackson, MS

I am a physician on J1 visa waiver job and want to visit the family in India along with my wife and 3 yo son who is american citizen. I am in first year of my jq visa waiver job at a VA hospital. My questions are:
1. Am I allowed to visit India while on J1 visa waiver job?
2. If so what all documents do I need to take with me to get my H1B visa stamped at US consulate in Chennai?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Carl Michael Shusterman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . You will need your passport, proof that you obtained a J waiver, your H-1B notice of approval, letter from your employer, etc.

    (213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration... more
  2. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . I agree with my colleague.

    Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,062 answers this week

3,338 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,062 answers this week

3,338 attorneys answering