Skip to main content

I am a photographer shooting a model in a College Sports Team T-shirt. Can we sell this as a poster online?

Henderson, NV |


Attorney Answers 4

  1. No, unless you have a license, and you would not be asking if you did, that is almost certain to be trademark infringement.

    I am not your lawyer and you are not my client. Free advice here is without recourse and any reliance thereupon is at your sole risk. This is done without compensation as a free public service. I am licensed in IL, MO, TX and I am a Reg. Pat. Atty. so advice in any other jurisdiction is strictly general advice and should be confirmed with an attorney licensed in that jurisdiction.

  2. Universities and colleges are highly aware of their rights to control the use of the school and team name. Licensing revenues are significant for many. You risk the wrath of the college. You should consult with a licensing attorney.

    My comments have been made without discussion. An attorney client relationship has not been established. There may be conflicts which prohibit my providing you with specific legal guidance. Any contact with you beyond these few general words will start with a disclosure of opposing parties so that a conflict check can be made. You should discuss with an attorney.

  3. Not without a license from the NCAA. The NCAA is very protective of their marks.

    The answer to this question is for informational purposes only and does not form an attorney-client relationship.

  4. This is why on tv you often see people's shirts pixelated. Its a no-no.

Trademark infringement topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics