I am a permanent resident with a permanent resident alien card. I recently got a new danish passport; do I need it stamped?

Minooka, IL |
Filed under: Green cards

Tried to go on a cruise recently and was denied entry because it wasn't stamped? I have not left the US after getting the new passport so I didn't think I needed to do anything else. Trying again for a vacation and don't want to be denied again. If I do need a stamp, where do I go for it?

1. Stamped with proof that you are a permanent resident? No, if you carry your green card with you.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

2. No. The green card you already posses is proof of your LPR status. You don't need to have passport stamped.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

3. No

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

4. There is no such thing as a permanent resident alien card. If you have a green card you do not need a stamp in your passport.