I am a permanent resident but mistakenly registered and voted in 2008 elections. can they know this fact when filling n400 appl

Asked almost 2 years ago - Charlotte, NC

I am in the process of filling my n400 application and was wondering if I should be honest with them in the application when facing the questions if I ever voted or would they knnow automatically and I have to tell the truth

1. Philip Alan Eichorn

Answered . You must fully disclose and deal with the issue. Failure to disclose can be grounds for denaturalization (assuming you were granted) and removal for misrepresentation. Retain counsel before filing for naturalization.

2. Robert Louis Brown

Pro

Answered . Voting records are available. Who you may voted for is not. Failure to disclose on the naturalization application may result in denial or revocation of naturalization if detected. There are a few exceptions that may permit you to go forward with naturalization application but you should explore these with an attorney before going forward.

3. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . You have a major problem.

You need to retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, and advise you BEFORE you file anything with USCIS.