I am a PA resident can i sue children and youth services for wrongful death?

Asked over 2 years ago - Indiana, PA

at three days of age our grandchild was placed in our care, on the fifth day of her stay, the childrens agency said the parents had the right to have her returned, I pleaded with them to assist the parents first so that it would be a loving stable environment the childs pediatrician contacted them also. twelve days later she was killed brutally at the hands of her parents. I have called attorneys and no one is interested. I am so frustrated it seems her death means nothing, she was thriving here and i am angry.

Pro

1

Answered . Yes, you can absolutely sue for this, in fact, I have handled many similar claims in Pennsylvania.

Licensed in PA & NJ. 29% Contingency Fee. Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  2. James Otto Heiting

Pro

2

Answered . I was deeply affected by what happened to your granddaughter. It is a story too often repeated, I am afraid. Parental rights are very strong, but the courts and oversight bodies should, and usually do, put the welfare of the child first; and, if there is strong enough evidence of danger, they theoretically take action to insure the safety of the child. Jurisdictions differ as to how they deal with this responsibility when there is failure to protect the child. Some lawsuits have been successful in what may be similar situations (more would need to be explored). Your state, and the lawyers that deal with the law as it exists there, hold the answers. Keep trying, be persistent in your search for an advocate; and make decisions carefully based on thoughtful advice of experienced attorneys. I wish you the best in this journey.

3. Joyce J. Sweinberg

Pro

Answered . It is such a tragedy that this happens so often, too often. Do not give up-keep attempting to find an attorney who might be interested in handling such a case.