I am a natrualized citizen and I lost my certificate of naturalization. I have no ID and can't get an I need help ASAP.

Asked over 1 year ago - San Francisco, CA

I filled out a N565 and paid the $345 fee. I waited 5 months for a response from Homeland Security. They sent me back a letter asking for ID to complete my request for a new certificate. I have no way of getting a ID or a passport. I need help ASAP.

1. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

Answered . Some signature documents, not acceptable alone as ID. However, you may be be able to use a combination of documents, such as your Social Security card, credit card, bank card, library card, etc., AND A person who can vouch for you to replace drivers. You can then use that to replace PP. you're going to have to be resourceful. A good example of why copies should be kept. Your bank or SE other entity may be able to verify your signature, etc. good luck.

2. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

Answered . File a FOIA request -you can get a copy of your certificate that way. My colleague also has some good suggestions.

3. Philip Alan Eichorn

Answered . If you have your old passport, then that would help. As well, if you had a copy of your old green card that could be submitted. Do you have a drivers license? Or if your employer, in the course of completing an I-9, copied your documents you may be able to get those copies.