I am a nat. citizen applying for Perm Res for my parents. With I-130 approved, where do I mail the I-864 forms in the US?

Greenville, TX |

I can't find any address for filing the Affidavit of Support for review in the US, and I don't want to send it to South Africa --- may get lost in the mail as usual over there.

Thanks in advance.

After approval of an I-130 the petition is forwarded to the Department of State, via the National Visa Center or "NVC". The NVC will handle the processing of the visa application, including the Affidavit of Support.

Once the petition is received the NVC will send you a notice containing the Fee Invoice and instructions for your case. You will first need to pay the fees and then you will be provided with cover sheets to file your I-864 and civil documents. You, your attorney, or your parents will need to complete the online visa application and file the documents/affidavit of support with the NVC. After reviewing your complete packet the application is forwarded to the consulate to schedule the interview and adjudicate the visa.

This answer should not prevent you from speaking to a lawyer and disclosing all facts about your case. Additionally, it should not prevent you from filing to see if you are eligible. Please seek an attorney for an initial consultation to review all the specific facts of your case.

Thank you so much for the good answer. I have made payment, and will await instructions from NVC. My parents are planning to come visit for Christmas. Is that allowed? Are there any other forms to fill out or a special travel visa to obtain? I believe it's a problem if they enter the US with visitor visas at this time, right?

It is done through the National Visa Center . You have to a pay a fee and submit a DS 230 as well.

NVC will send a I-864 processing fee invoice to you. Pay the invoice and then submit Form I-864 electronically to NVC. Don't send it to South Africa.