I am a low income father who has no way of paying for an attorney right now and have a vital situation right now and I need help

Asked over 5 years ago - Renton, WA

I am a single father who has custody of my 8 yr old daughter by way of CPS right now because of alcohol problems and abuse by the mother. CPS is about to give her back to mother now that the mother has done what they asked I have been dealing with severe alcohol issues for seven years in and out of court and have no more money to spend but I am in a position right now that if I had an attorney to take this to court I would be able to get custody . PLEASE HELP!!!!

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Jonathan William Milstein

    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . If you truly have no money and there is a current action that has been filed by CPS in court, you would likely qualify for a public defender so you need to call the office of public defense. If there is no court action going on, call the King County Bar Association and see what programs they may have that would provide you with a low or no-cost attorney.

Related Topics

Parental rights in child custody

Parental rights includes the rights a parent has in regards to his or her children. Mothers, fathers, and unmarried parents are sometimes treated differently.

Mother's rights in child custody

Mother's rights covers the parental rights of the mother. These rights primarily relate to child custody, visitation, and child support.

Wendy J. Norman

Mothers’ Rights

A mother has certain legal rights pertaining to her children. When a mother needs legal assistance with child custody, support, visitation or paternity, a family law attorney can advise her... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

20,991 answers this week

2,685 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

20,991 answers this week

2,685 attorneys answering