I am a legal LPR since 2004. I got arrested in 2007,convicted and finished a year's probation. in 2010, I got arrested again.

The case is still pending but I am interested in applying for Naturalization. What are my chances. Can I even travelled out of the country. Is MN second degree conviction an agravated felony under INA. Please help. I know those two incidences were stupid and I won't do that again.

Minneapolis, MN -

Find Out More

Carl Michael Shusterman

Carl Michael Shusterman

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

You should not even consider traveling abroad or applying for naturalization until you discuss the impact of your conviction and your pending case with an immigration attorney. You could be setting yourself up for deportation.

Please click the link below for additional information.

---------
Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Subscribe to our Free Immigration Newsletter
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

Thomas C Gallagher

Thomas C Gallagher

DUI / DWI Attorney - Minneapolis, MN

Criminal cases can be harmful to one's application for Naturalization, or worse. It would be wise to avoid a guilty or conviction in the pending case. It is easier to avoid immigration problems triggered by criminal cases by winning or managing the criminal case appropraitely, than it is to litigate an immigration case. I cannot answer the immigration law question. You may wish to pose that to an immigration lawyer.

Andrew M. Leone

Andrew M. Leone

DUI / DWI Attorney - Chanhassen, MN

You best chance is to fight the criminal case.