I am a international student and come to USA before four months.i am going to marry my girl soon ,so what is your advise ?

Asked 12 months ago - Columbus, OH

hey,as i told you i come to USA before four month.i joined the college that give me the admission to be a international student.after one week ,i enforced to leave my school since they ask me to pay my tuition because the person that was my financial sponsor lose his job.now i am out of status but the good thing is that i got a nice girl and i fall in love.we are together for three month and we are going to marry and also to change my status with the help of my wife.so what is your advise and i want to know what will be the best evidence to get all we need?
thank u

oh i forget to tell you that my girl friend ,she is a US CITIZEN

1. Alison Yew

Pro

Answered . When you say you are "international student" I do not know if you are/were an F or a J. Assuming you have no other issues with your status other than dropping out of school, and you had an F-1, and you want to become a LPR ("green card"), your US citizen wife can petition for your permanent resident status. If you were on a J-1 and there was a residency requirement on the visa (2 year back in your home country) then you cannot get your green card through your wife until you have satisfied the 2 years or get a waiver. You should consult an attorney to thoroughly discussion your options and potential road blocks due to your violation of status by dropping out of school.

2. Golnar Sargeant

Answered . You need to re-post your question under immigration law and related headings. You've only tagged "marriage"--qualified attorneys will likely not see your question on this board.