I am a Indian (28 yrs) of age , i am in USA with a B1/B2 visa. I am presently staying in Montrose, IL, USA with my sister.

Champaign, IL |

I am a Indian (28 yrs) of age , i am in USA with a B1/B2 visa.
I am presently staying in Montrose, IL, USA with my sister, Brother in law (who owns a Motel in US – Illinois ) and their family.
Further to inform you in brief, I have my B1/B2 Visa for 10 years issued from India –Delhi, in Dec 2012
I would request you to please suggest me the possible ways to have my B1/B2 Visa converted into any other type of VISA ( E, L, H1 or others ) which helps me to stay in US for a long period of time to work and earn.
I hope to get positive details and support from your end in helping me through the process.
Thanking you in anticipation.

There is no "E" visa treaty between the U.S. and India at present. An immigrant petition filed by your sister will take 10-14 years to process and cannot enable you to remain in the US in the meantime. The hotel she owns will not be of any help since any job they might offer you for working at the hotel will not be in a position necessitating a university degree. Besides, there are no more H-1B visas available now until October 2014.

You will not qualify for an L-1b visa through the motel either, and let's not even mention the L-1A visa, since you have not worked for at least a year in the parent company or affiliate owning this hotel in India.

The only possible alternative is if they could offer you an H-3 Training visa position from the hotel: need to consult with an immigration lawyer to examine that possibility. Of course, you could always end up falling in love and marrying a nice Hindi girl with an American passport your sister could introduce you to.. You could then file for a green card right away.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

2. To broad a question, impossible to answer on avvo

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

3. I don't seen anything that will easily help you. Your sister won't be able to help much for at-least 10 years, nor will the motel ... thus you will need to either leave and wait in India for a visa, or find alternatives.

You mention when the visa was issued/expires ... but you didn't tell us the Expiration Date of your I-94 ... THAT CONTROLS your stay.

I suggest you meet with an attorney (in person or by Skype) for a paid consultation.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

4. I agree with my colleagues. Too general.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.MyImmigrationLawyer.info NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.

5. More information is required on your background. A personal meeting with an experienced immigration attorney is the best way to proceed to ensure all corners are covered.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.

6. Have you even considered meeting with an experienced immigration licensed counsel in person located in your area to commence the legal analysis of your immigration issue properly?

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one's personal legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602 http://alexanderivakhnenko.com