I am a Indian (28 yrs) of age , i am in USA with a B1/B2 visa. I am presently staying in Montrose, IL, USA with my sister.

Asked over 1 year ago - Champaign, IL

I am a Indian (28 yrs) of age , i am in USA with a B1/B2 visa.
I am presently staying in Montrose, IL, USA with my sister, Brother in law (who owns a Motel in US – Illinois ) and their family.
Further to inform you in brief, I have my B1/B2 Visa for 10 years issued from India –Delhi, in Dec 2012
I would request you to please suggest me the possible ways to have my B1/B2 Visa converted into any other type of VISA ( E, L, H1 or others ) which helps me to stay in US for a long period of time to work and earn.
I hope to get positive details and support from your end in helping me through the process.
Thanking you in anticipation.

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

7

2

Best Answer

Answered . There is no "E" visa treaty between the U.S. and India at present. An immigrant petition filed by your sister will take 10-14 years to process and cannot enable you to remain in the US in the meantime. The hotel she owns will not be of any help since any job they might offer you for working at the hotel will not be in a position necessitating a university degree. Besides, there are no more H-1B visas available now until October 2014.

You will not qualify for an L-1b visa through the motel either, and let's not even mention the L-1A visa, since you have not worked for at least a year in the parent company or affiliate owning this hotel in India.

The only possible alternative is if they could offer you an H-3 Training visa position from the hotel: need to consult with an immigration lawyer to examine that possibility. Of course, you could always end up falling in love and marrying a nice Hindi girl with an American passport your sister could introduce you to.. You could then file for a green card right away.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

9

Answered . To broad a question, impossible to answer on avvo

3. F. J. Capriotti III

6

Answered . I don't seen anything that will easily help you. Your sister won't be able to help much for at-least 10 years, nor will the motel ... thus you will need to either leave and wait in India for a visa, or find alternatives.

You mention when the visa was issued/expires ... but you didn't tell us the Expiration Date of your I-94 ... THAT CONTROLS your stay.

I suggest you meet with an attorney (in person or by Skype) for a paid consultation.

4. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

4

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. Too general.

5. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

2

Answered . Have you even considered meeting with an experienced immigration licensed counsel in person located in your area to commence the legal analysis of your immigration issue properly?

6. Tripti Sharad Sharma

3

Answered . More information is required on your background. A personal meeting with an experienced immigration attorney is the best way to proceed to ensure all corners are covered.