Skip to main content

I Am A Green Card Holder Of US I Fill I-130 For My Son When He Was 19.His Age Can Be Count OR Freezes After filling I-130 ?.

Indio, CA |

(1)I Am A Green Card Holder Of Us.
(2)My Son From India .
(3)He Was 19 Years Old from India
(4) Can He eligible For Child Status Protection Act
(5) Give Some Information For Eligibility Of Child Status Protection Act.....

Attorney Answers 4

  1. The CSPA calculation can only be performed when the priority date becomes current. It only freezes the age then and only if, after the calculation is performed, it is under 21, and only freezes it for one year.

    See link below.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

  2. Given the facts presented, he is eligible. If you want more facts regarding CSPA, Google it.

    Free Consultation Anywhere in USA | 626-399-4194 | |

  3. Nothing freezes. You only get to subtract the time I-130 was pending - from filed to approved- from the age fo the child at the time priority becomes current. Then you will have a year to seek adjustment or immigrant visa provided that the adjusted age lands the child still under 21.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

  4. CSPA calculation starts after I-130 is filed and approved. Not sure about the stage of your application but CSPA calculations are complex. You mat benefit from a consultation. BEST Wishes!
    Lalita Haran
    Attorney: Immigration Law
    13295 Illinois St Ste 128
    Carmel IN 46032
    Ph: (317) 660-6174

    Contact (317) 660-6174 for specific legal advice. Answers here are not legal advice because they are of general nature and not tailored to your specific situation. You should not act on this answer without checking with an Immigration Attorney.

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics