I am a full time student , how can I obtain and what legal representation can I get to deal with a housing dispute?

Asked about 1 year ago - Berrien Springs, MI

My personal effects were removed from my apartment without my first hand knowledge, when I was notified by my ( then) roommate, the books were returned but some of the book are missing. There are still book missing. She has not returned them, neither has she made any arrangments to return my books. She is refusing to meet to settle the outstanding bills and there is money owed to each other. She is pursuing legal intervention to obtain the deposit which on the apartment that I still occupy and general she is being difficult.

1. Rixon Charles Rafter III

1

1

Answered . Your roommates as exposed herself legally. She MAY owe you for damages, conversion, maybe attorney fees too. Depends on lots of facts not in your post. Call your state bar association's lawyer referral service (Google it) and request a referral to a landlord tenant attorney in your area, actually several, work out a payment plan and your downstream options.