I am a freelance photojournalist,i attend a company event to get information. the ceo of the company,assault me and confiscate

Asked over 1 year ago - Panama City, FL

my camera for a month now.he threat to charge me for treepass.sir what can i do?

1. Heather Morcroft

6

1

Best Answer

Answered . More facts are needed.

2. Jonathan Hackworth

Pro

8

Answered . When you say he assaulted you, what necessarily do you mean? Did you file a police report? If not, why not? Why did he threaten you for trespass?

This sounds like this may be better handled in a civil setting by bringing a civil law suit against him, so you can recover your camera.

Unfortunately, your posting brought about more questions, then answers. Good luck with your current situation.

3. Macy Michelle Jaggers

Pro

6

Answered . You can file a police report for the assault. Even if you were trespassing, he doesn't get to assault you and steal your property. You might also want to consult a civil litigation attorney about the strength of a civil claim in this situation.

4. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

3

Answered . Hopefully you have filed a police report about the assault and theft.If you have not done so, I suggest you file a report.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.
  5. Charles K. Kenyon Jr.

Pro

2

Answered . You can meet with a local lawyer and give that lawyer more information than you have (or should have) posted here.

If any answer on AVVO helps you, mine or someone else’s, please mark it as "helpful" or "best answer" to help AVVO know which answers to show others.

Thank you.

--- Experienced Criminal Defense Lawyer in Madison, Dane County, Wisconsin
    http://addbalance.com

--- Facebook Page
    http://www.facebook.com/CriminalDefenseMadTown

--- Talking to the Police - Advice from Lawyers and Police
    http://addbalance.com/police.htm

--- Miranda Rights (and Wrongs)
    http://addbalance.com/miranda_rights.htm

DISCLAIMER:

Confidential information should not be disclosed in this Internet forum.

I am an experienced Wisconsin criminal defense lawyer practicing in Madison (Dane County) Wisconsin. The laws in each jurisdiction can be very different. I cannot give legal advice over the Internet nor can I establish an attorney client relationship with you.

If something I say disagrees with what your own lawyer is telling you, you should rely on your lawyer who is familiar with you, your entire case, the local courts and practices.

Most questions are just better handled by an attorney familiar with the procedures of the courts in your area. Few, if any, legal matters should be handled via Internet communication. If you cannot afford an attorney, there should be agencies in your area that can provide discounted, or even free, legal services.

This AVVO Answer is provided for general educational purposes only.

Click on the “more” link below for more important information about the answer and AVVO.