Skip to main content


Memphis, TN |

About 6yrs ago my EAD was misplaced when I was incarcerated. what are the steps to get it reissued.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Because of your criminal history, I would suggest you contact an experienced immigration attorney before you attempt to repalce your employment authorization document. Not only you may face problems when contacting USCIS based on the felony adjudication but not having an EAD for 6 years makes it likely you also did not maintain your legal status. Remember that criminal law and immigration alw treat the same events very differently and even with a full sence served you may still face immigration detaining you and palcing you in deportation.

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is provided by CC Abbott is based on general assistance and not intended to be a legal opinion because not all the facts are provided. The person requesting information and all others reading the answer should retain an attorney who is permitted by the state bar within the jurisdiction who can examine the complete facts and provide a legal opinion on your case. All information provided in the above answer and other information provided by CC Abbott does not create an attorney/client relationship within any state of Federal law.


See an immigration lawyer immediately. You are not a permanent resident and your felony conviction would make you deportable from the United States if your presence became known to ICE (Immigration & Customs Enforcement). Good luck.


You need to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts and advise you accordingly.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer