I AM A FELON IN THE U.S. MY EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION DOCUMENT WAS MISPLACED

Asked about 3 years ago - Memphis, TN

About 6yrs ago my EAD was misplaced when I was incarcerated. what are the steps to get it reissued.

1. Rehim Babaoglu

Answered . See an immigration lawyer immediately. You are not a permanent resident and your felony conviction would make you deportable from the United States if your presence became known to ICE (Immigration & Customs Enforcement). Good luck.

2. C. C. Abbott

Answered . Because of your criminal history, I would suggest you contact an experienced immigration attorney before you attempt to repalce your employment authorization document. Not only you may face problems when contacting USCIS based on the felony adjudication but not having an EAD for 6 years makes it likely you also did not maintain your legal status. Remember that criminal law and immigration alw treat the same events very differently and even with a full sence served you may still face immigration detaining you and palcing you in deportation.

3. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . You need to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts and advise you accordingly.