I am a father seeking full custody of a minor child due to the mother being an achoholic and pill problem, what are my chances ?

Asked over 2 years ago - Palm Harbor, FL

Dose her own family's testimoneys ,are they submittable in family court, for the protection of that minor child ? The mother of this minor child has had and has recent and past history of this problem, its stops for a couple of months and lasts for a while, and has just only after 9 months of seperation has allowed a strange man who is a convicted fellon sleep in the same bed with my minor child and her. This is the person known to be where the mother is getting pills from. At the time of our spit, our daughter spends half the month with me and half with her mother.

1. Kelley Anne Joseph

Pro

1

Best Answer

Answered . The facts of this case seem to support a call to child protective services or 180096ABUSE. If the mother is using, the man is using ( what was he convicted for) and is sleeping in the bed with your child, it sounds like an imminent risk. Otherwise, you can file an emergency motion for temporary sole timesharing; for supervised contact; and yes, her family or other eye witnesses may testify at the hearing. You need a lawyer.

2. Brent Allan Rose

Answered . If by "full custody," you mean that the mother will be completely unable to see her child, I doubt it. However, if you can prove these allegations, especially with testimony from the mother's own family, I think you have an extremely strong case for supervised timeshare.

3. John Arthur Smitten

Answered . If the mother has issues with alcohol that severely affect her ability to be a parent then your chances are real good.