I am a father of 3 and the child support i have to pay is almost half of what i make and she trying to relocate 50 miles from me

Asked 5 months ago - Palatka, FL

Basically i can not afford to live on my own and its hard enough to try to visit my kids with the money i have. If she relocates i wont see them but every other weekend. the relocation is over 50 miles from my current residence. i have paid child support for 7 months now and missed one payment and i am a law abiding citizen. I just want a fair shake for my kids sake and mine. I need to go to court for this but i cant afford an attorney i need help

1. Brent Allan Rose

Answered . What your question? What kind of help do you need?

2. Danielle Marie Levy

Answered . Based on the limited information you provided it seems as though you need to file a formal objection to the Petition to Relocate as well as a Supplemental Petition to Modify Child Support. If there has been a substantial change in circumstances since the child support was last ordered, then you may be able to have it modified.