I am a father of 3 and the child support i have to pay is almost half of what i make and she trying to relocate 50 miles from me

Asked 5 months ago - Palatka, FL

Basically i can not afford to live on my own and its hard enough to try to visit my kids with the money i have. If she relocates i wont see them but every other weekend. the relocation is over 50 miles from my current residence. i have paid child support for 7 months now and missed one payment and i am a law abiding citizen. I just want a fair shake for my kids sake and mine. I need to go to court for this but i cant afford an attorney i need help

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Brent Allan Rose

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . What your question? What kind of help do you need?

    The contents of this answer should be considered friendly advice, not legal advice (I'm a pretty friendly guy),... more
  2. Danielle Marie Levy

    Contributor Level 8

    Answered . Based on the limited information you provided it seems as though you need to file a formal objection to the Petition to Relocate as well as a Supplemental Petition to Modify Child Support. If there has been a substantial change in circumstances since the child support was last ordered, then you may be able to have it modified.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

  • 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask span5@2x

Ask a question on our public forum.

Ask a lawyer
Instant span6@2x

Have an attorney contact you privately.

Right now.

Icon lock@2x
Secure conversation. Your details remain between you and your attorney.
Icon clock@2x
Get an answer guaranteed. Be assured that a lawyer will contact you to help with your legal issue.
Start your session now